mercredi 23 septembre 2015

multimedia wall art

I couldn't find a wall hanging large enough for a huge wall in the cafeteria. Also, budget was an issue. I therefore bought the 3 largest canvases that I could find and then painted the backgrounds a solid color. I then used a variety of different materials to add texture (sea sponges, bubble wrap or cardboard dipped in paint, spray paint,etc.). I then painted words on the canvas using a masking fluid. Once it was dry, I painted over it in a contrasting color. I then rubbed off the dry fluid in order to reveal the writing. The last step was to add items such as cutlery, flowers and measuring spoons. I glued them with white glue and then pierced a hole in the canvas with a needle in order to thread fishing line to secure the items.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire